Informasi tentang USDA Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship for Indonesia akan disampaikan Kuliahkelaskaryawan.net kali ini, silahkan baca informasi USDA Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship for Indonesia dibawah ini
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is pleased to announce the 2012 Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program (Borlaug Fellowship Program) for Indonesia.
The Borlaug Fellowship Program promotes food security and economic growth by increasing scientific knowledge, advancing the transfer of new agricultural technology, and encouraging collaborative research to improve agricultural productivity. It offers training and collaborative opportunities to agricultural scientists, faculty and policymakers. Each Fellow works one-on-one with a U.S. mentor who coordinates the Fellow’s training. After completing the U.S.-based portion of the fellowship, the mentor visits the Fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration.
The 2012 Borlaug Fellowship Program is administered and funded by USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS). USDA selects U.S. mentors and host institutions for each Fellow.
- Provide early to midcareer agricultural research scientists, faculty and policymakers with one-on-one training opportunities in any agriculture-related field (see targeted research area below for this country);
- Provide practical experience and exposure to new perspectives and/or technologies that can be applied upon completion of the program in their home institutions;
- Foster increased collaboration and networking to improve agricultural productivity and trade;
- Facilitate the transfer of new scientific and agricultural technologies to strengthen agricultural practices; and
- Address obstacles to the adoption of technology such as ineffectual policies and regulations.
Targeted Research Areas:
- FOOD SAFETY
- RISK ANALYSIS OF MEAT AND DAIRY PRODUCTS
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
- EXTENSION SYSTEM FOR FOOD CROPS (CORN OR RICE) RELATED TO NEW TECHNOLOGY
- POSTHARVEST TECHNIQUES
- DISTRIBUTION AND STORAGE OF RICE AND CORN; FRUITS AND VEGETABLE PRODUCTS
Length of Fellowships:
Fellowships are between six to 12 weeks in length. All program proposals should include goals that are achievable within the timeframe. After completing the U.S.-based portion of the fellowship, the mentor visits the Fellow’s home institution for up to 10 days to continue the collaboration.
Candidates will be evaluated, interviewed and selected based on the following criteria:
- Citizen of Indonesia;
- Good working knowledge of the English language;
- Holds a master’s degree with a minimum of two years of practical experience;
- Currently employed by a university, government, research institution and/or other institution with the intent to continue working in the home country for a minimum of two years following the return from the United States;
- Early to midstage of professional career; and
- Experience and focus in Food Safety, Agricultural Extension, or Postharvest Techniques.
Eligible candidates are invited to submit their completed application, including the following attachments, no later than January 4, 2012. Submitted applications should include:
- Application form;
- Program proposal (two to three pages) and action plan;
- Signed approval from applicant’s home institution;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Copy of college/university transcript(s) from which degree(s) was received;
- Copy of passport identification page; and
- One passport sized photo.
Please include all application materials in one PDF document.
The application deadline for the 2012 Borlaug Fellowship Program for Indonesia is January 4, 2012.
For questions regarding the application process or the Borlaug Fellowship Program, please see the contact information below. All electronic applications sent by email must contain “2012 BFP Applicant” in the subject line and should be sent to the following contacts:
Or Mailed to:
American Embassy Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan, No 5 Jakarta 10110, Indonesia
For more information, please visit official website.
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang USDA Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship for Indonesia semoga informasi tentang USDA Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship for Indonesia ini bermanfaat.