Informasi tentang PhD in health psychology at University of Bath akan disampaikan Kuliahkelaskaryawan.net kali ini, silahkan baca informasi PhD in health psychology at University of Bath dibawah ini
A unique opportunity for research, working alongside a public health delivery team. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department for Health and undertake a fully funded 3 year PhD with a world class research centre. The PhD will be funded by NHS Wiltshire and will be working with a public health team to support the development of new lifestyle services. This unique opportunity invites a motivated student to bring the value of PhD level academic study into the heart of the public health agenda in Wiltshire.
NHS Wiltshire are putting evidence into practice in these areas:
- Self management of long term conditions
- Behaviour change
- A sustainable service model which will see the service into the future
The research should focus on one or more of these areas. The start date of the studentship will be Monday 9 January 2012; however a different start date may be negotiated for the right candidate. In case of further questions concerning the fields of this PhD research, please contact [email protected] (Research Manager to the Centre) or [email protected] (Consultant in Public Health at NHS Wiltshire).
The Centre for Pain is based in the Department for Health (website can be found here) at the University of Bath. The CPR is an international and interdisciplinary centre aimed at discovery, innovation, and technology development for the control of pain, and the amelioration of pain related suffering led by Professor Christopher Eccleston.
Within the broad area of research outlined, the details of the research work programme will be designed together with the successful candidate. Duties will include:
- Successfully completing a PhD thesis
- Contributing to the Department for Health research activities including research presentations and publications
- Being an active member of the postgraduate student group and wider department
- Being an active member of the NHS Wiltshire Public Health Department
The successful candidate will be supported for 3 years (For 2011/12 this will be approximately £13,590 stipend plus UK/EU tuition fees of £4,400 and a consumables allowance of £6,527 all subject to slight increase each year). Overseas students outside EU are eligible to apply, however they must be able to fund the additional amount due for overseas tuition fees.
- It is essential that the applicant has a good first degree (upper second or first – or equivalent) in a Health or Social Science related discipline
- Candidates would usually be expected to have a relevant Masters degree or have relevant research skills training
- A desire to work towards long-term goals and ability to meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and IT literate
- To meet the English language requirements (see `To apply` section below).
How to apply?
Please apply online here. Select `MPhil/PhD research in Health (full-time)` You MUST put Funded PhD Opportunity in health psychology at the beginning of section 7 of the application form, so that the admissions team can identify your application. Ensure that you provide a full online application, having uploaded all the following documents (with authenticated translations into English if the originals are in your native language).
When scanning documents, please remember to scan both sides.
Please ensure you complete the following:
- Completed Application Form (relevant to the field of study).
- Scan of transcript(s) – both undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable); with results to date, and if you are in your final year, a list of current subjects being studied.
- Scan of degree certificate(s) already awarded, or, a Scan of final transcript which must state that the qualification has been awarded – both undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable).
- Scan of English language result (unless you are a native English speaker) – no older than two years from the proposed start date of your programme.
- Scan of two References. These ideally should be uploaded direct by your Referees. Specifically:
At least one must be an academic reference; Second reference may be a second academic reference or someone who knows you in a relevant work context; Character or personal references are not accepted. All references must be a scan of the signed and dated letter, on official letter headed paper.
- An up to date CV of approx. 2-sides A4 (1,000 words) including clear evidence relating to academic, personal and professional achievements (including any prizes that you may have received).
- A research proposal to comprise of up to 2,500 to 3,000 words.
You must submit a full application including all of the above documents by the closing date for your application to be considered. Closing date is 31 October 2011.
For informal enquiries contact Lisa Austin, e-mail: [email protected] or tel. 01225 386575
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD in health psychology at University of Bath semoga informasi tentang PhD in health psychology at University of Bath ini bermanfaat.