Informasi tentang International Climate Protection Fellowships, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany akan disampaikan Kuliahkelaskaryawan.net kali ini, silahkan baca informasi International Climate Protection Fellowships, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany dibawah ini
The International Climate Protection Fellowships enable prospective leaders to conduct a research-related project of their own choice during a one-year stay in Germany. Submit an application if you are a prospective leader from a non-European threshold or developing country working in the field of climate protection and resource conservation in academia, business or administration in your country. Applicants must provide a clearly visible leadership potential either by experience in a first leadership position or be able to provide appropriate references. They must also have completed their first university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree) less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship (1 September 2012) with outstanding results. They must also hold a further academic or professional qualification (Master’s, PhD, LL.M., MBA etc.) or have extensive professional experience in a leadership role (at least 48 months at the time of application). Furthermore, they are expected to have gained initial practical experience through involvement in projects related to climate protection and resource conservation. The fellowship will enable the recipients to conduct a research-related project of their own choice with hosts in Germany whom they are free to choose themselves.
The programme, which is being funded under the International Climate Initiative by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, includes a preparatory intensive language course in Germany, a several-week introductory seminar, a two-week training course and a final meeting in Berlin. These activities will enable you to gain additional insights into academic, social, cultural, economic and political life in Germany.
In addition to applicants who have been trained in the natural and engineering sciences, candidates who have been engaged in legal, economic and societal issues relating to climate change are encouraged to apply for this programme. Every year, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is granting up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships to prospective leaders from the countries named. The programme is currently scheduled to run until 2012.
- First academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship (1. September 2012);
- A further academic or professional qualification (Master’s, PhD, LL.M., MBA etc.) or extensive professional experience in a leadership role (at least 48 months at the time of application) in the field of climate protection and resource conservation;
- Initial practical experience (at least 12 months at the time of application) through involvement in projects related to climate protection and resource conservation (possibly already during studies);
- Leadership potential demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references (see no. 8);
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a confirmation of support; details of the proposed project must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application;
- Citizenship of a non-European threshold or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the fellow’s habitual abode and place of work;
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates;
- Two to three expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility and his / her leadership potential.
Potential applicants who have spent more than six months in Germany or more than 12 months in a country that is not on the list of countries at the time of or shortly before application should contact the Humboldt Foundation (email@example.com) before submitting an application as they may be ineligible on formal grounds.
Applications must be completed online. The completed application form including all the additional documents required must be submitted online by the closing date (15 December 2011). Click on the tab “Application package” to find additional information on all the documentation required and be able to access the online application procedure. Confirmation that your documents have been received will be sent to you as soon as you have submitted them.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has submitted all the necessary documents. Incomplete applications may be excluded from the selection procedure.
Your proposed host in Germany should send his/her confidential statement directly to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation by the closing date at the latest.
The applications will be reviewed and probably until Mid-March, an independent selection committee will select the candidates who will be invited to participate in a three-day selection meeting in Germany. This selection meeting is supposed to take place in the end of April, and applicants will then be given the opportunity to outline their project to the selection committee and the other applicants as well as to attend individual interviews held by the selection committee. At the end of the meeting the selection results will be announced.
Closing date (date of receipt at Humboldt Foundation): 15 December 2011
For more information, please visit official website.
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang International Climate Protection Fellowships, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany semoga informasi tentang International Climate Protection Fellowships, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany ini bermanfaat.