Informasi tentang Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan akan disampaikan Kuliahkelaskaryawan.net kali ini, silahkan baca informasi Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan dibawah ini
Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students (GSS Scholarship)
Application Information for April / September 2016
The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-Supported
International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the
number of students from abroad.
Definition of Self-Supported International Students
“Self-Supported International Students” are international students with a College Student Visa who are not receiving the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship nor any governmental scholarship from home.
Qualifications for Applicants
Self-Supported Students with excellent grades who pass the entrance examination for the Master’s Program at the Graduate School of Science and who newly come to Japan as a student will qualify and enter the program in either April or September 2016. Priority goes to UTRIP(University of Tokyo Research Internship Program)participants. Recipients of other scholarships starting from April or September 2016 are not eligible. There is a possibility that an applicant might be required to withdraw from this scholarship if the applicant is deemed to be the recipient of another scholarship.
Number of Grantees
A few (Enrolling in April or September)
Term of Scholarship
From April/September, 2016 to March/August, 2021
Applicants should submit the GSS Scholarship application form to the Graduate School Office at the time of their Graduate School application for admission to the Master’s Program.
Graduate School Office
Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo
Room 105, Faculty of Science Bldg. 1
7-3-1, Hongo Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
- GSS Scholarship Application ········ 1 original copy
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member of your college or university ······· 1 original copy
- October 1 – 31, 2015—For those entering in April
- April 1 – 30, 2016—For those entering in September
Nomination of Candidate
Among the applicants who submitted Application documents, the Selection Committee will select and nominate candidate(s) to the Dean.
Selection and Result
The recipient will be decided by the Dean based on the nomination from the Selection Committee. The notification will be sent to the applicant by e-mail in one month after the acceptance letter for the Master’s Program is sent out.
Payment of Scholarship
The stipend will be paid into the bank account quarterly after getting the confirmation of enrollment.
Suspension / Return of Scholarship
- If the grantee takes a leave of absence or a long absence from the school (including leaving Japan for more than one month), the supervisor is requested to submit documentary proof to the Dean and the stipend will be suspended with the approval of the Dean.
- The grantee can resume the scholarship if the condition mentioned in (1) has changed and the documentary proof for this fact is submitted to the Dean by the supervisor.
Termination of Stipend
If the grantee meets one of the conditions listed below, the supervisor is required to submit documentary proof to the Dean and the stipend will be terminated with the approval of the Dean.
- Withdrawal from the Graduate School of Science
- Severe drop in academic performance
- Failure to submit a research report every fiscal year
- If the grantee does not need the scholarship
- If deemed inappropriate as a grantee
There might be a possibility of the scholarship being terminated due to an unexpected budget condition.
Return of Scholarship Payment
If the grantee quits, stops studying, or is deemed inappropriate as a scholarship grantee, the grantee may be ordered to return the scholarship payments (either in whole or partially) by the Graduate School of Science.
The grantee can withdraw from the scholarship by consulting with the supervisor.
If the grantee meets one of the conditions listed below, the supervisor is required to submit the notification to the Dean.
- Leave of absence, return to school or long absence from school
- Withdrawal from the Graduate School of Science
- Change in address, name, contact information and other important matters
Submission of Research Report
The scholarship grantees are required to submit a research report at the end of every fiscal year (the end of March) to the Dean with approval from the supervisor.
Report Submission & Contact
International Liaison Office Tel: +81-3-5841-7630
Email: [email protected]
For more information please visit official website www.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan semoga informasi tentang Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan ini bermanfaat.