Informasi tentang 150 CUD Scholarships for Developing Countries at University Commission for Development (CUD) akan disampaikan Kuliahkelaskaryawan.net kali ini, silahkan baca informasi 150 CUD Scholarships for Developing Countries at University Commission for Development (CUD) dibawah ini
The University Commission for Development (CUD) or (CIUF) is responsible for the implementation of the policy of university cooperation for development. Within the programme for international courses and training programmes, CIUF grants 150 scholarships for participation into the courses and 70 for participation into the training programmes.
From the academic year 2012-2013 on, up to 150 scholarships are available from the Belgian CUD (Commission Universitaire pour le Développement) to students or applicants coming from developing countries for Master`s degree and internship/training programmes in Belgium. This scholarship covers the tuition fees, living expenses, return tickets and a few additional costs.
list of international courses and training programmes
- Master in Aquaculture
- Master in Transport Management
- Master in Public Health – Guidance Health and Development
- Master in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Master in Management of Animal and Plant Resources in Tropical Environments
- Master in Management of Natural Hazards
- Master in Science and Technology of Foods
- Master in Transfusion Medicine
- European Master in Microfinance
- Master in Protecting Tropical and Subtropical Crops
- Master in International Economics and Development
- Master in Development, Environment and Societies
- Master in Public Health Methodology
International Internships and Training Courses
- Internship at the Use of Information Technologies and Communication in the University Libraries
- Training in Geographic Information System
- Training in Management Systems Health Services – economics and resource management / planning (network A) – Management Science and Research in Health Systems (chain B)
- Training in Environment and Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
Methodological in-Training Support for Innovation in Family Agriculture
Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection.
South Africa, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, El Salvador, Senegal, Suriname, Tanzania, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
Candidates are not allowed to apply FOR MORE THAN ONE PROGRAMME.
DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS BETWEEN ADMISSIBLE FILES, CIUF WILL TAKE ACCOUNT OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
The academic curriculum
For courses, priority will be granted to candidates who have not yet obtained a postgraduate degree, save for exceptional circumstances specified in the application file.
The benefit of previous scholarships
Priority will be granted to candidates who have not yet benefited from a scholarship in Belgium.
CIUF grants scholarships as a matter of priority to candidates who, upon termination of their University studies, have had the opportunity of practising a profession in relation to problems of development. The social impact of professional experience constitutes an element of assessment.
Membership of a partner institution
Candidates who are appointed by an institution with which CIUF has concluded a partnership, either within the framework of institutional co-operation or within the framework of an own-initiative programme, will be granted priority in case of equality on the other selection criteria.
The commitment of the candidate to development activities
Special attention will be given to files of candidates who, beyond their academic qualities, have shown commitment to development issues. This commitment may materialise in having worked with the most disadvantaged social categories, and in having tried to define with them the efficient means to defend and promote their interests.
CIUF aims at diversifying the geographic origin of the scholars. It sees to it that in the overall of the international courses and training programmes organised in the framework of its North-Actions programme, candidates origina-ting in sub-saharian Africa represent 50% of the total number of scholars.
Equality of sexes
CIUF grants special attention to the participation of women in the international courses and training programmes organised within the framework of the North-Actions programme.
Perspectives of future reinstatement
Major guarantees are required concerning the return of the candidate to his country of origin or to another developing country, as well as his reinstatement in a profession that enables him to put the training acquired in Belgium at the service of development (e.g. labour contract, formal promise of appointment) and to produce a multiplier effect to the benefit of his country of origin.
- This file can be taken from our web-site.
- It will be carefully completed and returned, ONLY by POST MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL, to CUD, that must be in their possession at the latest by FEBRUARY, 13, 2012* (we do not hold account of the postmark, we take into account only the files arrived in our buildings for the date limits at the latest)
- No acknowledgement of receipt will be provided
- Only applications presented on the appropriate file, and in the language of the programme, will be submitted to the selection committee.
- All elements of the file must be transmitted simultaneously. Nocomplementary file will be admitted at a later stage.
- The candidates selected and of reserve will receive an e-mail at the end of the selections (end of May 2012). The not selected candidates will receive an e-mail in the current of june 2012.
- No document transmitted to CUD will be returned to the candidates.
- No treatment will be given to files that do not respect one of the rules of selection clearly mentioned on the web site (certified diploma, age, professional experience,…).
* before JANUARY, 20 2012 for the following trainings :
- stage à l`Usage des Technologies de l`Information et de la Communication dans les Bibliothèques Universitaires
- stage méthodologique en appui à l`innovation en agriculture familiale
The application form for the year 2012-2013 is now available. Download the English Application form (12 pages – 368 Kb) (for the Masters Complémentaires in English) Ms Word version of the Application Form
Télécharger le formulaire en français (12 pages – 520 Ko) (pour les masters complémentaires en français)
Visit Official Website
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang 150 CUD Scholarships for Developing Countries at University Commission for Development (CUD) semoga informasi tentang 150 CUD Scholarships for Developing Countries at University Commission for Development (CUD) ini bermanfaat.